Tuesday, February 3, 2009

funny week

a funny week indeed because Felix is not in school (winter break) but we didn't go anywhere because why? well, no money; also Felix didn't seem like he was that keen to go anywhere, nor was anyone else. Hubby wants to work, I want to work and meet people and have writing groups and play-reading groups and and and . . . (yesterday morning went and met a nutrition counselor).

also because Max has begun his patisserie job, 6 a.m. to 2 p.m. making wonderful French sweet confections for no money but just the experience. That means he is leaving home at 5 a.m., getting up at 4:30 a.m. Yesterday I was awake from 4:30 to 6:30 after he got up although he clearly was being as quiet as he could; today I seem to have gone almost right back to sleep after I again woke up at 4:30. (Yesterday there was an edge of anxiety in my first waking as I thought I saw a sliver of light from outside that might have indicated he'd woken up too late - but I looked at my watch and was pretty proud of him for getting himself up at that hour.)

So we all lay about. We were exhausted Sunday afternoon from our lovely 2-day visit from Ellen, Anouk, and Jean-Yves, from Switzerland. More about that in another post. We're recovering. Madre-in-law still in town, haven't managed to see her that much but tomorrow we'll all get together - sis-in-law has 3 weeks off after a big event at work, so she's chilling with her baby and her mother, and as I said we'll see them all tomorrow.

Funny week. I'm doing an interesting-ish translation, French to English - also not my usual fare. 

No comments: