Wednesday, October 8, 2008

squinting in the dark: how I woke up this morning

embarrassed for having put so many words up here yesterday that nobody wants to read them!

(now, do I go back and take them down? edit them shorter? just leave it all there and trust people can jump into the newly breezy, easy, splashy me-blog?)

but here's how I really woke up this morning: I get up between 6 and 6:30 so I can wake up the boys, make them breakfast, pack them lunch, and send one to school and one to the zoo (tomorrow his last day there with the wild horses and all).

so I got up at 6:30 this time, on the late end, and came into the living room to see what was new in the web world. dark outside. I didn't think to turn the light on. My own eyes all squinty and tired. Bandaid on my left index finger. Sitting on the couch with laptop on my lap in the dark, pretty much able to read the screen because it was self-lit but completely unable to see the keyboard, and with a bandaid on the one finger making it clumsy, I kept hitting all the wrong keys (like "print" instead of "previous page" or just pulling up some completely random page).

So I gave up and woke up the boys. My eyes are getting worse, for sure.

No comments: