Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Watching the election in Berlin

very hard to get the timing right
we were up till 3 with some friends and neighbors
up again at 6:30 with some of the same friends and neighbors, some others
others of us stayed up till 7 and then went to bed
Felix is staying home from school (oh, it's 8:40 a.m., I should give them a call about now)

[3 a.m. was 9 p.m. Eastern; 6:30 of course was 12:30 a.m. Eastern]

But we're thrilled! And so are our Swiss, German, Israeli, British, Danish, Canadian (have I forgotten anybody?) neighbors and friends and colleagues who were watching with us. 

We're thrilled, congratulations to all of everywhere around the world!

Ruthy love, thank you for this morning's 6:30 a.m. phone call. I was actually asleep but my alarm was about to do the damage a few seconds later. I didn't see the speeches live but I've now seen large parts of them rebroadcast.

No comments: