Sunday, November 16, 2008

NaNoWriMo, again

NaNoWriMo is going pretty well. I am behind on my wordcount but catching up more every day (except that today I haven't really written so far so I guess I've fallen further behind again).

However, this is what it looks like:

yesterday was day 15, to be on track I would have had to be at 25,000 words by the end of the day, and I was at 23,766. To catch up I would have had to write 1749 words per day from then on till the end of the month, or 1874 if I wanted a break of a day - I had been writing between 2500 and 3000 each of the previous four days so that didn't sound so bad.

But as I said, today so far almost nothing. There was family noise, then there was a squabble and upset, then there was a big family event, then there was Monopoly with the boys and bedtime, then there was lethargy and the dark. 

Yesterday I went clear across town to a little dark cafe near an out-of-the-way yet large train station (these are in-town trains but I can't call them subways because they're mostly aboveground; we also have subways here which are smaller and cuter and called U trains, whereas what I am talking about are S trains and they go really far). Anyway, I went clear across town and met what turned out to be 5 other women and a German shepherd and we drank tea and banged away at our laptops and took a break to talk to each other about what we're doing. That was a nice thing to do and I wrote more than 28,000 words.

Today: lethargy creeping in and I'm battling it back. 

No comments: