Monday, July 13, 2009

10K run August 1st plus planning for it

We leave for Bloomington August 2nd early; I've signed up for a 10K run the evening of August 1st. Hubby thinks I'm nuts. But here's the thing: I just signed up, I don't actually have to do it if I don't want to but at least I have the option.

And in the meantime I'm going to do every-other-day runs as IF I were going to be doing the 10K. So I'll be ready if I do decide to go, and even if I don't, I'll have the benefit of doing those runs in the meantime.

I wrote up how long I want to run for each day between now and then (each every-other-day), and so far there have been 3 of them including the longer one yesterday and I've done them because they were on a piece of paper on the wall. So I'm glad I planned it out. See if I can find myself an hour tomorrow to go in!

Off to bed soon I hope. I have to skip Weight Watchers in the morning (last day of school for Felix with a graduation program for the 6th graders early; later a practice for some other musical numbers at the institute) - partly as a result of that and partly for other reasons I've kind of fallen off the wagon today. But I'm also trying to learn how to incorporate that - to enjoy what I'm having when I do that and have it be a fine thing and not a bad thing. Still working on that.

No comments: